The Bachelor of Fine Arts in sculpture attracts challenging, talented and curious students who thirst for exploring the edges of today’s art world. From day one, you will have access to an individual studio space. There, you’ll form your own path, drawing from time-honored techniques such as mold making, woodworking and welding, while also exploring a variety of other media such as video, performance, sound, installation, robotics and 3D digital modeling.
We feature a highly flexible, interdisciplinary curriculum and encourage you to take a wide range of courses both across VCUarts and throughout the university. Through this variety of courses and opportunities like our New York internship class, far-reaching field trips, and engagement with visiting artists, you’ll interface with the community and professional artists who are defining the future of art.
Some classes you might take in this major:
- Flexible Molds
- MIG Welding and Plasma Cutting
- Video Installation
- 3D Scanning/Digital Fabrication
- NYC Internship
Our alumni are:
- Studio and performance artists
- Curators and gallery directors
- Fabricators for film and television
- Product designers and prototype makers
- Teachers, professors and community activists