The Bachelor of Fine Arts in Dance and Choreography is a pre-professional program that fully prepares you for a career in the field of dance. You can work toward your degree with equal focus on performance and choreography.
Your teachers will include experienced dance artists and educators, and you’ll meet and study with performers and choreographers from across the country and around the world. You’ll train in modern and contemporary dance forms and you’ll take creative courses including improvisation, composition and choreography.
The curriculum includes courses in dance history, music, anatomy, dance science and teaching methods. Electives offered in the program include West African dance, jazz, tap, hip-hop, contact improvisation, video choreography, business of dance and children’s pedagogy.
Some classes you might take in this major:
- Dance Criticism
- Video/Choreography Workshop
- Lighting Design for Dance
- African American Presence in American Dance
Our alumni are:
- Choreographers and performers
- Dance physical therapists
- Artistic directors of dance companies
- Videographers in screendance and performance documentation
- Arts administrators and advocates