Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts is deeply committed to the University’s mission of advancing knowledge and student success. We are keenly aware of our distinct position to be a catalyst for engaged learning on a campus that is centered on the student and that fosters inquiry and innovation. Our departments and programs expand the boundaries of new knowledge and emphasize research, creative expression and interdisciplinary collaborations. The School of the Arts’ work ethos underscores the importance of trust among our colleagues and peers, and the importance of creativity to bring new perspectives to complex problems for faculty, staff, and students alike.
Accreditation ensures that academic programs provided by institutions of higher education meet acceptable levels of quality. Accrediting associations develop rigorous evaluation criteria and conduct peer reviews on a regular basis.
VCU is an accredited institutional member of:
- National Association of Schools of Art and Design (NASAD)
- National Association of Schools of Dance (NASD)
- National Association of Schools of Music (NASM)
- National Association of Schools of Theatre (NAST)
- Virginia Department of Education (VDOE)
- Council for Interior Design Accreditation (CIDA)
- Council for the Accreditation of Educator Preparation (CAEP).
- Southern Association of Colleges and Schools Commission on Colleges (SACS COC)
Contact information for NASAD, NASD, NASM and NAST:
11250 Roger Bacon Drive, Suite 21
Reston, VA 20190-5248