May 2021 Commencement
VCUarts is pleased to host an in-person and livestreamed ceremony honoring all 2020 and May 2021 graduates from the School of the Arts.
Saturday, May 15
6 North Laurel Street
Richmond, Virginia 23220
10 a.m. EDT
Departments of Communication Arts, Cinema, Dance + Choreography, Kinetic Imaging, Music, Photography + Film, and Theatre
2 p.m. EDT
Departments of Art Education, Art History, Craft/Material Studies, Fashion Design + Merchandising, Graphic Design, Interior Design, Sculpture + Extended Media, and Painting + Printmaking
The in-person ceremony is open to graduates only. Families, friends and graduates who are unable to attend may participate virtually through a livestreamed ceremony. Programs will be mailed to May 2021 graduates after the in-person celebration, due to COVID-19 restrictions.
Emailed invitations with registration and additional instructions to follow.
If you are unable to attend the Grad Fair or visit the bookstore, please order your regalia online at balfour.com/vcu beginning April 3. Shipping charges will apply to all internet orders.
A professional photographer will photograph graduates after they have crossed the stage. A proof of this photo and information about purchasing will be sent to the email address provided on the reader form that graduates fill out upon arrival.
Previous commencement speakers:
- Sophia Li (BA ’13) – December 2019
- Elizabeth Turk – May 2019
- Jason Butler Harner (BFA ’92) – Dec. 2018
- Bobby C. Martin Jr. (BFA ’99) – May 2018
- Ashley Hawkins (BFA ’07) – Dec. 2017
- Michael Hearst (BM ’95) – May 2017
- Noah Scalin – Dec. 2016
- Jarvis Jefferson (BFA ’82) – May 2016
- John Paolini (MFA ’93) – Dec. 2015
- Anne Holton – May 2015
- Eric Booth – Dec. 2014
- Andy Stefanovich – May 2014
- Stephen Nachmanovitch – Dec. 2013
- Teresita Fernández (MFA ’92) – May 2013
- Elizabeth King – Dec. 2012
Resources for recent alumni
VCUarts alumni have access to career services, Adobe software discounts and more.