The School of the Arts is committed to helping you achieve your goals, supporting your work and celebrating your successes. On this page are a number of resources to help you on your creative and academic journey.
Student Info Blog – Latest Posts
VCUarts Student Info Deadlines, Opportunities & Important Stuff For All Students!
- Knitting machines for sale with extrasby caramatdl on November 29, 2022 at 8:25 pm
Used knitting machines available for great discounted sale to VCUarts students/Staff. Patron is also willing to also give books on how to use the machines and donate yarn. Contact Bonnie Aitken at 703-850-8515 and Baitken@knitart.com
- VCU Libraries’ Jurgen Comics Contest 2022-2023: Online Info Sessionby barnettmb on November 29, 2022 at 8:12 pm
ATTEND THE ONLINE INFORMATION SESSION – December 6, 2022 at 6:00 p.m. Register here. Grand prize $1,000 along with print and digital publishing through VCU Publishing Two $250 runners up with print and digital publication Up to 5 honorable mentions – $100 with digital publication New: First-Time Comic Creator category with a $100 prize for
- Open Figure Drawing Sessionsby barnettmb on November 29, 2022 at 5:08 pm
Fridays (Weekly) 6-9pm, in Franklin Terrace, Room 403 Open Figure Sessions are self-guided drawing experiences available to anyone interested in drawing from a live model. A studio monitor directs the experience, but instruction is not provided. VCU students, faculty, staff, and alumni are welcomed to attend!
- Rough Cut 2023: Accepting Submissions!by barnettmb on November 28, 2022 at 6:37 pm
Submission Deadline: Friday, December 9 Submissions are now open for “Rough Cut,” the annual VCUarts Student Film Screening presented by Dance + Kinetic Imaging. Any VCUarts graduate or undergraduate student may submit work that features dance/movement as a focus or primary theme to be considered for our event on January 27th at Grace Street Theater.
- Half & Half & Half & Half: KI Graduate Exhibitionby barnettmb on November 28, 2022 at 6:22 pm
Opening Reception: Friday, December 2, 6-7:30PM Murray N DePillars Gallery (1000 W Broad st) Half milk, half cream; half real, half dream. Graduate students from the Department of Kinetic Imaging present “Half & Half & Half & Half.” A group exhibition of new works made up of more parts than could ever make a whole.
Not a current student but interested in applying to VCUarts? Please visit our admissions page.
- Academic calendar
- Division of Student Affairs
- Enrollment Services for Student Accounting/Financial Aid
- Learning Center for Tutoring, Supplemental Instruction, Study Groups and More
- My VCU
- Services for students with disabilities
- Student Health Services
- University Counseling Services
- VCU alerts for current advisory announcements and emergency directory
- VCU Bulletin for degree requirements
- More university resources for current students