The Department of Photography and Film works tirelessly to create a comprehensive and enriching learning environment for our students. It is our mission to provide the best training, equipment, and work space for unequalled creative output. We provide access to various labs and studios, many of which are available around the clock. Our computers are updated every few years to maintain state-of-the-art hardware and software capabilities.
Facility and Equipment Highlights
- Common studio and critique spaces throughout the department.
- Photography/Film shooting studio with three rooms, digital projector and computer stations for tethered camera work.
- LEDs, strobes, cinema lights, hot lights, stands, and light modifiers available for the lighting studio and general checkout.
- Two digital labs with up iMac digital editing stations outfitted with the complete Adobe Creative Suite, Epson Perfection V700s,V850s flatbed scanners, one Hasselblad Flextight scanner, Epson Stylus Pro 3880s, 7900, P8000, P10000 digital inkjet printers, profiling systems, and large print viewer.
- Black and white darkroom with 18 enlargers (4×5, medium and 35mm formats)
- Cameras available for checkout: 4×5 and medium format film cameras, Sony A7R ii, Sony A7R iii, Hasselblad CM500, Hasselblad H4D, Panasonic AG-CX 350, Panasonic GH5, Canon C100
- Audio recording equipment
- A large collection of Canon lenses for general checkout
Browse our Facilities
If you have questions or concerns about the Facilities, please reach out to the following faculty/staff for assistance:
Sarah C. Midkiff
Coordinator of Facilities & Equipment | Adj Professor of Photography
Departments of Cinema, Commercial Arts, Kinetic Imaging, Photography & Film
Facilities & Equipment Coordinator