In the Bachelor of Arts in Music program you can combine music with other areas of study. The degree includes 60 credits of music, 30 general education requirements and 30 credits of open electives. At the center of the instructional program are courses in performance (lessons, masterclasses and ensembles); musicianship skills and analysis (theory, aural skills, keyboard skills and conducting); and history and repertoire.
Open electives allow for flexibility to tailor your degree toward your specific career goals. You can explore various topics within music, add one or more minors, or participate in certificate programs.
Popular pursuits of study for BA in Music majors include:
You’ll be mentored by faculty who are leaders in their fields, and have regular access to acclaimed visiting artists who come here for concerts, masterclasses and clinics.
Some classes you will take in this major:
- Private lessons
- Survey of the Music Industry
- Music Theory and History
Our alumni have experienced success in career paths such as:
- Record label management and music publishing
- Musical product innovation
- Entertainment law
- Instrument manufacturing and retail
- Arts advocacy and nonprofit leadership
- Film, game and other multimedia production
- Audio engineering and acoustics
- Event production and venue management