If you need help, then please submit a ticket.
If you are having trouble submitting a ticket, or if it is a time sensitive emergency, then please call us at (804) 828-7045.
We are located in Pollak 220
- To support an environment where teachers can teach and where students can learn.
- To implement the technology decisions of your department.
- To provide the highest level of service in the areas of deployment, maintenance, and support.
- To enable and ensure compliance with state and university policies, guidelines, and standards.
- To ensure compliance with software licensing.
- To maintain a comprehensive inventory of relevant technology assets, with a goal of providing accurate life–cycle reporting to both the departments, and the Office of the Dean.
- To advise departments in specifying software and hardware for purchase, with a goal of ensuring compatibility with VCUarts support standards.
VCU Technology Policies, Guidelines, and Standards
These documents govern the use of computing resources throughout the university, including within the School of the Arts.
VCUarts Technology Policies, Guidelines, and Standards
This documentation is established by the School of The Arts itself, and compliments the governing documents of the university.
In order for the School of the Arts to maintain a competitive computing environment; as well as comply with university computing policies, standards, and guidelines; a policy of one computer per faculty or staff member is established; so as to maintain software licensing and hardware life-cycle replacement costs at a reasonable level.
The Provost Office has directed the Office of the Dean to instruct all VCUarts departments that all major technology purchases, including cloud-based services, must be reviewed by the VCUarts Technology Support Staff for compliance with university policies, standards, and guidelines, as well as compatibility with existing university technologies.
If you are investigating the purchase of a major technology for your department, then please contact Dan Grenier, Director of Technology Support at email@example.com or (804) 827-1251, before proceeding with purchasing.