VCUarts offers some of the nation’s most highly regarded graduate programs
VCUarts is once again ranked the #1 public university school of arts and design in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Check out the Graduate Viewbook here.
MA in Art History:
PhD in Art History:
MFA in Design:
MFA in Fine Arts:
MFA in Theatre:
Specialty rankings from that report honored the following eight VCUarts graduate programs:
- Sculpture, #1 overall
- Fiber Arts #4 overall (Dept. of Craft/Material Studies) (#1 public university ranking)
- Graphic Design, #5 overall (#1 public university ranking)
- Glass #5 overall (Craft/Material Studies) (#1 public university ranking)
- Painting, #7 overall (#2 public university ranking)
- Ceramics #9 overall (Craft/Material Studies) (#6 public university ranking)
- Metals/Jewelry #10 overall (#5 public university ranking)
- Printmaking #10 overall (our Dept. of Painting & Printmaking) (#9 public university ranking)
- Photography #13 overall (our department of Photography and Film) (#4 public university ranking)
- Multimedia/Visual Communications #14 overall (#3 public university ranking)
In short, VCUarts has the highest ranking ever achieved by a public university school of arts and design and is the only public university to consistently rise in the rankings.
VCUarts Department of Interior Design is ranked #10 nationally by DesignIntelligence 2011 America’s Best Architecture and Design Schools.
The rankings above come from the 2012 U.S. News & World Report’s evaluation of graduate school programs.
Click here to review application requirements for each department
Questions regarding the VCUarts graduate program may be directed to:
Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Faculty Affairs