VCUarts offers some of the nation’s most highly regarded graduate programs
VCUarts is once again ranked the #1 public university school of arts and design in the country by U.S. News & World Report. Check out the Graduate Viewbook here.
MA in Art History:
PhD in Art History:
MFA in Design:
MFA in Fine Arts:
MFA in Theatre:
Specialty rankings from that report honored the following eight VCUarts graduate programs:
- Sculpture, #1 overall
- Fiber Arts #4 overall (Dept. of Craft/Material Studies) (#1 public university ranking)
- Graphic Design, #5 overall (#1 public university ranking)
- Glass #5 overall (Craft/Material Studies) (#1 public university ranking)
- Painting, #7 overall (#2 public university ranking)
- Ceramics #9 overall (Craft/Material Studies) (#6 public university ranking)
- Metals/Jewelry #10 overall (#5 public university ranking)
- Printmaking #10 overall (our Dept. of Painting & Printmaking) (#9 public university ranking)
- Photography #13 overall (our department of Photography and Film) (#4 public university ranking)
- Multimedia/Visual Communications #14 overall (#3 public university ranking)
In short, VCUarts has the highest ranking ever achieved by a public university school of arts and design and is the only public university to consistently rise in the rankings.
In 2014, DesignIntelligence has ranked VCUarts Department of Interior Design BFA and MFA programs 3rd in the South region (VA to TX).
The rankings above come from the 2012 U.S. News & World Report’s evaluation of graduate school programs.
Click here to review application requirements for each department
Questions regarding the VCUarts graduate program may be directed to:
Associate Dean of Graduate Studies and Faculty Affairs