Students in the Photography concentration gain technical and artistic skills to begin careers as a professional artist, multimedia specialists, editorial or commercial photographers. Emphasis is on individual artistic expression and inquiry, and the development of a professional, practice-based tool-kit of knowledge. Students graduate with a clearly defined Senior Thesis Capstone Photography Portfolio, developed and mentored over the course of their entire Senior Year, and presented in a public exhibition.
LEARNING OUTCOMES FOR PHOTOGRAPHY CONCENTRATION
Upon completing this program, students will know and know how to do the following:
- Clearly recall a functional knowledge of the history and theory of photography.
- Assess contemporary issues within the context of photography and related media.
- Effectively communicate, visually, orally and in writing, a range of ideas and emotions for a broad range of purposes and audiences.
- Demonstrate proficiency in basic to advanced photographic tools and techniques.
- Demonstrate broad knowledge of current business practices of professional photographic artists.