Core Courses: Increased Transferability (Spring, Summer and Fall!)

Published on May 2, 2014

Many of you know that in the past it has been difficult taking your 21 credit core outside of VCU.  Times are changing.  After you are accepted here at VCUarts you still need to take UNIV 111/112 and UNIV 200 here unless you have credit for them when you are admitted.  For the remainder of your core, you can now take them elsewhere (as long as they fit the bill) and transfer them back in.

I’ve introduced you to this advising web page in the past, and I’d like to draw your attention to it again.  It’s here, and a great resource.  If you scroll down you’ll see ‘Advising Forms and Policies’ and a link to ‘Transfer Credit for Continuing Students‘.  That information should give you what you need to know, but keep in mind you need to see your advisor to assist.  The last thing we want is for you to take a course that you don’t need.

Who is the BEST person for you to assist with this process?  Your advisor!  Can’t get your advisor?  No sweat,  Abbie is available by appointment, or during drop in hours in Pollak T/Th 9-12.  Go visit her so she doesn’t get lonely.