Wassaic 2017: Summer Programming + Internships: Due 3/1/17

Published on February 1, 2017

I’ll admit it.  I have a crush on the Wassaic Project.  Every time I get this call I spend a bit of time on their website, wishing I could apply.  I’m glad they stay in touch, below is a listing of opportunities for gaining great connections and experience.

PROGRAMMING
Work with a group of young, passionate artists and curators at the Wassaic Project, a vibrant multidisciplinary arts organization based in Wassaic, NY. Learn about aspects of running an arts organization from curating, press, marketing, event planning, installation, gallery management and more. Because the Wassaic Project is a small, young organization, interns have a unique opportunity to contribute to the long-term identity of the organization and take on substantial responsibility. Interns have the chance to manage their own projects and will work on our Summer Benefit, our Summer Exhibition and Festival application process, curation, promotion and installation, our Artist Residency application process and logistics, and will help manage our Artist Residency program and events. Interns will work directly with artists as well as the directors of the Wassaic Project.

EDUCATION
Education Interns will have the unique opportunity of working on many aspects of the Wassaic Project’s education programming, which connects the artists and dynamic creative resources of the Project to the greater Dutchess County and Northwest Connecticut community. Interns will engage with contemporary art educators and teaching strategies while participating in and contributing to a growing education department.

Further information including how to apply can be found on our website and the deadline for applications is March 1. Please let me know if you have any questions or if there is another person at your institution I should be in touch with.