SEDIMENT: Call For Proposals Deadline 10/1/16
Published on August 9, 2016
If you don’t know it SEDIMENT is a fantastic gallery non-profit with a VCUarts alumna at the helm. Fantastic opportunity in a fantastic space.
SEDIMENT welcomes proposals from artists and curators for exhibitions, events, and workshops. Creative practitioners working in any media including sculpture, video, sound, performance, installation, social practice, drawing, photography, and painting are encouraged to submit.
Our exhibition cycle runs from September through June with typically three weeks to one month per exhibition. We are also interested in proposals for one-day/night events such as live performances, film screenings, and workshops. Visit our website to view the archive of previous exhibitions at SEDIMENT.
View the call for proposals form here.
Submit the following items to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line “GALLERY SUBMISSION”:
• 10-15 work samples. Images must be in JPEG format and must not total more than 14MB. Video and audio must be linked from online hosts. Please label and number your image files clearly.
• Image list that correlates with the work samples. Include the artist’s name, title, medium, year of completion, dimensions, and a brief description.
• Artist or curatorial statement (200 words)
• Exhibition proposal statement (200+ words)
• CV(s) including links to website(s)
Please use the PDF format for text items (image list, statement, proposal statement, cv). In your proposal statement, please mention the ideal time for your exhibition (month/year). All proposals must be received by October 1st, 2016. Incomplete proposals will not be reviewed.
As an artist-run gallery, Sediment strives to support artists as much as we can throughout the exhibition process. We can assist with such aspects as installation and material support, accommodations, and return shipping. A limited amount of funding for exhibitions is available and considered on a case-by-case basis. Artists should be prepared to seek alternative funding for ambitious projects.