Wayne C. Hall Undergraduate Scholarship: Due Feb 12 @ 4pm
Published on January 21, 2016
The VCU Chapter of the Honor Society of Phi Kappa Phi is pleased to issue a call for nominations for the Wayne C. Hall Undergraduate Scholarship. From the pool of applicants, the School of the Arts will award a $1500 scholarship to one student.
Applications must be received by Dr. Lindholm, (firstname.lastname@example.org) no later than 4 PM, Friday, February 12, 2016.
Wayne C. Hall Undergraduate Scholarship
About the Award:
The Wayne C. Hall Undergraduate Scholarship is a university-wide award named in honor of former VCU Provost and Vice President for Academic Affairs and the second president of the VCU Phi Kappa Phi Chapter, Dr. Wayne C. Hall, in the amount of $3,000. This award is given to a rising senior. Each academic unit with undergraduate programs may nominate one student for this award. Each unit’s nominee selection process is established by the unit’s dean or their designee.
The applicant expects to be a full-time student, with senior standing, for both semesters of the upcoming academic year,
Has a 3.50 minimum cumulative grade point average, and
Is qualified for potential election to Phi Kappa Phi.
Submission and Selection Process:
Submit the following to Dr. Christina Lindholm, email@example.com (Pollak room 201)
- An up-to-date résumé.
- A 500-word essay, describing experiences, personal interests and career objectives that are relevant to mission of Phi Kappa Phi.
- Official academic transcripts from all colleges and universities attended.
- Two letters of recommendation
- The applicant submits one original of the resume, essay, and official transcripts to his or her academic unit dean’s or designee’s office.
- Academic unit dean or designee submits the application packet to the Vice President for Scholarships and Awards. A selection committee of Phi Kappa Phi faculty members will choose the recipient of the Wayne C. Hall Undergraduate Scholarship in February and will inform all applicants of the outcome as soon as possible thereafter.
- Quality of overall submission packet
- Excellent academic achievement
- Experiences, personal interests and career objectives, as described in the essay, are relevant to the mission of Phi Kappa Phi