Study Abroad Scholarships: Deadline February 14
Published on February 1, 2012
VCU Education Abroad Scholarships
The VCU Education Abroad office is proud to announce that applications for the 2012-2013 VCU Education Abroad Scholarships are now open and available online for students who wish to study abroad within the next academic year! For this scholarship you will need to be sure to select one scholarship category (please choose the one that best describes you as an applicant) and request one academic letter of reference (this reference must come from a university-level professor or instructor). Please allow yourself at least two weeks to complete this application.
The complete application is due by Tuesday, Feb. 14, 2012, at 4:30 PM in the Education Abroad Office (Room 122 in the West Franklin Street Gym). Late applications will not be accepted.
You must meet all of the following criteria:
– Study abroad during spring break 2012, summer of 2012 or during the academic year 2012-13
– Must have a cumulative GPA of 2.75
– Must be returning to VCU for at least one semester after your study abroad
– Must demonstrate financial need
– Students participating in VCU faculty-led programs will be given preference for the scholarship
If you receive a scholarship you are obligated to fulfill the following commitments:
1) Register at VCU for a minimum of one semester following your study abroad.
2) Submit a written report or photo essay within 30 days of returning to the US, evaluating your experience from a personal, academic and professional development perspective. Your material may be used by Education Abroad for future publicity purposes.
During the semester upon your return, you must contribute one hour of service for every $100 you receive (up to a maximum of 10 hours). You must participate in activities that will serve the Education Abroad Office.