Whether you graduated last week, last year, or it’s been too many years to count, VCUarts is here to support of your success—for life.
Take these career-building and learning opportunities offered by VCU and VCUarts:
- HireVCURams features a job board, document manager and career-related programs, as well as online research and preparation tools. Within your first year after graduation, you can also schedule career advising appointments.
- The VCU National Scholarship Office provides information sessions and essay-writing workshops for alumni applying for scholarships and fellowships, such as the Fulbright program.
- VCU Alumni’s ELEVATE Tour is a 23-city international tour that showcases the diverse array of programs and engagement initiatives created for alumni. A Networking Night specifically for alumni in the arts and design industries will take place on Jan. 10, at Richmond’s Well Art Gallery.
You can also check out these opportunities in Richmond and beyond:
- The Visual Arts Center of Richmond offers a free one-year membership to all new VCUarts grads. Visit visarts.org/vcuarts to register. Members get discounted tuition on art classes (many taught by VCUarts alumni) and event tickets, as well as early class registration and access to studio work space.
- The Adobe Creative Residency is a year-long program that allows new artists and recent grads to spend a year focusing on building their dream career through a personal passion project. The application launches Jan. 7. Each resident is supported with a full salary, health benefits, mentorship, access to Adobe software, speaking opportunities, and other project-specific support to make their vision a reality. (Plus, you might cross paths with Carita Marrow (BFA ’07), Adobe’s Diversity + Inclusion Talent Program Manager, who works with the talent acquisition team to build diverse recruiting strategies.)
And remember: No matter where the future leads, you can always stay connected with VCUarts:
- Create a profile and find out what your fellow alumni are doing.
- Sign up to receive our e-newsletter and Studio, our alumni magazine.
- Follow @vcuarts on Instagram, Twitter, Facebook and LinkedIn and join our LinkedIn alumni group.
- Join regional alumni chapters in cities across the country.
Welcome to our talented group of artists, scholars and visionaries who are engaging with the arts around the world. Be proud of your accomplishments and keep up your lifelong connection to this vital, creative community.