WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Comfortable walking shoes. We will be doing a good deal of walking around campus to and from meals, classes, etc.
- Linen set for an extra long twin bed: 36 x 80 inches. A regular size twin flat sheet can be used for the mattress if you do not have an extra long set.
- A pillow and pillow case
- Blanket and/or bedspread
- Umbrella and/or raincoat
- Towels and a wash cloth
- Shower shoes
- Alarm clock
- Bedside lamp (halogen lamps are not allowed)
- Hangers for your clothes
- Portable speaker / radio
- Floor fans (although all rooms are air conditioned)
- Personal medications
- Laundry detergent and change for the machines
- Hand laundry soap in case you would like to wash something and hang it to dry while you are in class
- Change for vending machines
- Mobile phone
- Band-Aids in case you get a blister/cut. Students will be doing a good deal of walking around the campus.
- A deck of playing cards, games and movies you enjoy
- A bathing suit to use on your Art Adventure Weekend field trip(s)
- A small amount of cash in case you want to stop by the coffee shop, VCU Bookstore, buy snacks, order a pizza, buy souvenirs, etc.
COURSE-SPECIFIC ITEMS TO BRING:
- 2D / 3D Portfolio Development
- 2D Portfolio Development: Groups A & B
- 2D Portfolio Development: Group C
- Comics, Graphic Novels & Sequential Storytelling
- Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Photography
- Fashion Design & Merchandising
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Art Adventure Weekends
Special Note: Students enrolled in the 2D Portfolio Development & 2D/3D Portfolio Development courses need to bring a container to transport their supplies to and from class. There is no storage space in the classroom.
VCU will not assume responsibility for any lost or damaged items, therefore recommends that no valuable items such as jewelry not be brought to campus.
Students are encouraged to bring a debit/credit card to cover personal expenses while attending to program. A small amount of cash might be needed for personal expenses each weekend.
- Firearms and weapons of any kind, including “look alike” weapons
- Alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs
- Open flames such as candles or incense
- Animals (unless designated as a service animal)
- Hot plates for cooking
- Window fans
A violation of any of the rules listed on this site, including the Supplemental Forms, may result in dismissal from the program without a refund.