Bobby Chandler Internship Program @ the Valentine Museum: Due 3/1
Published on January 21, 2016
The Valentine’s Bobby Chandler Internship program is generously funded by the Kip Kephard Foundation and the Henry Valentine Fund. This summer, up to six funded internships will be awarded. A minimum commitment of 150 hours is required and an honorarium of $1000 will be provided upon completion. Funded internships are open to students currently enrolled in college or graduate school as well as recent graduates (graduated within the last 6 months) seeking professional experience. The deadline for completed applications is Tuesday, March 1st, 2016. Incomplete applications will not be considered.
We are currently seeking interns interested in working in the following departments.
- Archives & Exhibitions
- General Collections
- Costumes & Textiles
- Finance and HR (Accounting)
- Public Relations and Development
- Visitor Services and Museum Store Merchandising
Curious about what to expect out of your internship at the Valentine? Check out some feedback we’ve received from past interns!
To apply for a Bobby Chandler internship please follow the instructions below:
- Review intern job descriptions.
- Fill out the online application.
- Include your cover letter, resume, references and unofficial academic transcripts (hint PDFs work best!). If transcript cannot be uploaded to the application, please submit via email (by the March 1st deadline) as a pdf document to email@example.com.
- Any supplemental materials that are not required (additional transcripts, letters of recommendation), should be mailed to the Valentine at the address below:
Attn: Marisa Day
1015 E. Clay Street
Richmond, VA 23219
Incomplete applications will not be considered.
A review of applications will begin on March 2nd. Applicants selected for interviews will be contacted on or around the week of March 21st with final decisions being made the 1st or 2nd week in April. If you have any questions, please contact Marisa Day, Student Programs and Tours Manager at 804.694.0711 ext 317 or via email firstname.lastname@example.org.