VCUarts Research supports research development within and beyond the School by working with faculty to refine original concepts, incorporate rigorous research design, identify fitting funding opportunities, and prepare compelling proposals to further their creative work and scholarship. The office also promotes interdisciplinary collaboration both inside and beyond VCU, to explore new directions in creative practice and the unique insights of art and design that generate new knowledge in other fields, including health, education, and human and community development. Contact us early to request VCUarts Research support for your project by emailing email@example.com.
The Arts Research Office offers technical assistance in the form of:
- Project design – assisting with basic planned activities to meet standards of excellence expected by a funding entity
- Research design – assisting with research methodologies across media, as well as implementation, documentation and reporting
- Partnership development – identifying, pursuing and engaging appropriate partners to support, implement or validate a project
- Fiscal development – building complex project budgets and shepherding the internal review process for proposal submission
- Dissemination and promotion – identifying appropriate venues and platforms for disseminating and promoting artists’ research and creative scholarship.
VCU’s Office of the Vice President for Research and Innovation (OVPRI) also offers substantial resources and support for faculty researchers. Visit the Research Development page for information on grantsmanship, training, finding funding and collaborators, and more.
And, click here for an ongoing, updated list of arts research opportunities including grants, fellowships, and residencies.
VCUarts Research Contacts
Christiana Lafazani, firstname.lastname@example.org, Associate Dean for Faculty Affairs and Research
Tabatha Dunlap, email@example.com, Grants and Financial Analyst
Lea Marshall firstname.lastname@example.org, Faculty Liaison for Research, Associate Chair, Dance and Choreography
Aaron Anderson, email@example.com, Faculty Liaison for Arts & Health Projects, Associate Chair for Theatre
Tracy Leipold, firstname.lastname@example.org, Coordinator, Arts Research and Arts & Health