The Depot is available for reservation by VCUarts, VCU Schools, Departments and programs and off campus groups, both nonprofit and commercial entities. The Depot is available on Friday and Saturday evenings for reservation in addition to the Depot’s normal operating schedule.
The Depot Sound Stage is a shared production space that provides instruction space for VCUArts Interdisciplinary Studies and a production space for the students of the School of the Arts. During the regular academic sessions the space is reserved for classes M&W 12:30-3:30 and all day Tuesdays. All other times are by appointment.
- The Sound Stage is equipped with a 10 Camera Motion Capture System as well as a fully functioning Cyclorama (infinity wall) available to all School of the Arts students faculty and staff.The Cyclorama (Cyc for short) is a 24’x16′ corner-less space and is equipped with a state of the art lighting system, color balanced to 5400K, two voice over mics, and 4 shotgun mics. Over the course of the semester the Cyc will switch between white and chroma green (schedule below). After booking you time slot you just need to show up with your camera, tripod and ideas in order to create your next masterpiece.
- Cyc Color Schedule:
Now – Sept 17th – White
Sept 18th – Oct 25th – Chroma Green
Oct 26th – Nov 25th – White
Nov 26th – Dec 31st – Chroma Green
The Interdisciplinary Studio, with two 70″ LCD screens (west wall) and one Projector (fixed to north wall), can be rented out for events
- Monday through Thursday – 8 a.m. to 10 p.m.
Friday – 8 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Saturday – 10 a.m. to 6 p.m.
Sunday – 12 p.m. to 6 p.m.
3D printer ($0.20/gram)
- Open Hours — TBD (currently by appointment)
- Maker Bot Replicator 2: Max Print Size — 11″W x 6″D x 6″
Maker Bot Replicator 2x: Max Print Size — 9.7″W x 6″D x 6″H
Maker Bot Replicator Z18: Max Size — 12″W x 12″D x 18″H
Classrooms, available when not in use, are equipt with
- 70″ Touchpanel LCD with sound
- Built in Mac with OSX and Win7 (annotation software available in Win7 only)
- Webcam and tabletop mic for video conferencing
- VGA & HDMI Inputs
- Two 6’x4′ Whiteboards
The conference room, located on the 2nd floor of the Depot, seats 10 people and features a floor to ceiling glass wall that lets in lots of light. Available by reservation. Technology includes:
- a Mac mini and a Sharp LED TV with webcam, among others.
814 W. Broad St.