Choral Arts Society is a large mixed ensemble bringing the joy of singing to the VCU community & beyond.
This ensemble prepares and performs a variety of choral literature, including music from multiple world cultures, large traditional choral works, and selections from the rich tradition of classical music and musical theater. In addition to presenting an end-of-semester formal concert, the chorus often performs the National Anthem for VCU sporting events and can be heard in pop-up concerts throughout VCU and the Richmond region. There is no audition for Choral Arts Society.
Choral Arts Society meets Mondays and Wednesdays from 1:30-2:50 pm.
Recent performance highlights include:
- December 2017: Participation in the Annual Holiday Gala, raising funds to support The Doorways
- October 2017: Improvisation workshop with Carole Ott from UNC-Greensboro
- October 2017: Performance of the National Anthem at the VCU Men’s Soccer Game
- November 2016: Featured performance with the Richmond Symphony at the Cathedral of the Sacred Heart
- April 2016: Performance with the VCU Wind Ensemble of the Queen Symphony
- December 2014: Collaboration with VCU Theater on a semi-staged performance of Leonard Bernstein’s Candide.