To the VCUarts Community,
In light of a recent event involving individuals in one of our departments, which was reported to the School of the Arts administration on Thursday, October 25, we have asked VCU Equity and Access Services to conduct an inquiry into the matter.
VCU and the School of the Arts value and celebrate diversity in all of its forms; support thoughtful, informed and inclusive action; and are committed to empowering community values in which individuals of different perspectives, life experiences, cultural backgrounds, and social identities feel safe and are welcomed.
We stand firm in our commitment to address concerns with respect and dignity and to provide support for our community. More information about university and community resources is available on the Equity and Access Services Resources Page found here.
Additional reporting and support resources include:
- For off-campus emergencies, contact 9-1-1.
- For more information about VCUPD, including the You Have Options Program, visit police.vcu.edu.
- For students who wish to speak with a confidential university advocate, contact email@example.com.
- For sexual assault, abuse, and other potential crimes, contact VCU Police at 804-828-1234.
- The VCU Helpline provides an anonymous reporting option and ensures that information is addressed by the appropriate university official.
- Information about VCU’s commitment to Title IX can be found on the Equity and Access Services Title IX Page here.