We were hoping for an in-person camp. Why aren’t you doing one?
Following CDC guidelines and to help fight the spread of COVID-19, we decided the safest, most enjoyable, and stress-free option is to offer a virtual camp. Also, the online format allows us to reach families all over the U.S.
What weeks will the camp be held?
The camp will be offered for 4 weeks throughout the summer. We are in the process of determining the dates based on survey responses and official camp dates will be released soon.
My kids just got done with distance learning, why would I want them staring at a computer screen during the summer?
That’s why our summer camp is designed to be engaging, interactive, and hands-on. We have options for synchronous and asynchronous instruction with highly qualified art educators. The online platform allows campers to interact virtually with fellow emerging artists.
Will classes be synchronous, asynchronous or a hybrid of synchronous and asynchronous?
Based on survey feedback, we will determine format options :
- Synchronous Instruction – Live instruction with scheduled meeting times (i.e. 9 AM – 12 PM or 1 PM – 4 PM)
- Asynchronous Instruction – Pre-recorded video instruction to follow along and complete on your own time and schedule.
- Hybrid Instruction – Combination of live meetings as well as pre-recorded video instruction allowing opportunities for collaboration as well as independent study.
How many weeks do I have to register for?
Pick one or pick them all! It’s totally up to you. You can register for 1, 2, 3, or all 4 of the weeks offered.
Where can I get my child’s art pack?
- Pick-Up at VCU – you can pick up a prepared art pack on campus in Richmond, VA
- Shipping to Address (for an additional fee) – we can ship the art pack directly to you for an additional shipping fee
- Supply List for self-purchase – we will provide supply lists for each class with the opportunity for you to purchase materials on your own
How much is tuition?
Discounted 2021 tuition options are as follows:
- Tuition (self-purchase course materials) – $125
- Tuition with Art Pack (local pick-up only) – $130
- Tuition with Art Pack Shipped (shipped directly to address) – $135
A $10.00 discount will be applied to your total bill if you meet any one of the following criteria:
- VCU employee or student (for children or legal dependents of VCU employees or students only)
- Enroll more than one child at Creative Arts Day Camp
- Enroll your child in multiple camp sessions
Is financial aid available?
CADC offers scholarships per week per class (rising K-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-9). Scholarships are awarded based on need. Submission of a scholarship application does not guarantee a scholarship. More information will be provided soon.
Is the registration fee per student or per family account in case siblings would like to join?
A registration fee will only cover one materials packet. Only students listed on the registration roster will have course access. There is a $10.00 discount for registering multiple students from the same family. That discount can be selected in the online registration system