We were hoping for an in-person camp. Why aren’t you doing one?
Following CDC guidelines and to help fight the spread of COVID-19, we decided the safest, most enjoyable, and stress-free option is to offer a virtual camp. Also, the online format allows us to reach families all over the U.S.
What weeks will the camp be held?
The camp will be offered for 4 weeks throughout the summer.
Session One: June 21st – June 25th
Session Two: June 28th – July 2nd
Session Three: July 12th – 16th
Session Four: July 19th – 23rd
My kids just got done with distance learning, why would I want them staring at a computer screen during the summer?
That’s why our summer camp is designed to be engaging, interactive, and hands-on. We will keep sychronous instruction to 2 hours with highly qualified art educators. The online platform allows campers to interact virtually with fellow emerging artists.
Will classes be synchronous, asynchronous or a hybrid of synchronous and asynchronous?
Based on survey feedback, we will offer synchronous class sessions
- Synchronous Instruction – Live instruction with scheduled meeting times either in the AM or PM depending on what session you sign up for. AM sessions meet virtually 10 AM – 12 PM and PM sessions meet 1-3 PM.
How many weeks do I have to register for?
Pick one or pick them all! It’s totally up to you. You can register for 1, 2, 3, or all 4 of the weeks offered.
Can I register my camper for AM & PM sessions during the same week?
Yes! You may enroll your camper in AM & PM sessions during the same week, just be sure to pick a different class topic for each session. (i.e. Drawing AM & Painting PM). Additional discounts apply (see below).
Additional discount if enrolling for registration in AM & PM sessions during the same week –
- Tuition (self-purchase course materials) – $200
- Tuition with Art Pack (local pick-up only) – $205
- Tuition with Art Pack Shipped (shipped directly to address) – $210
Where can I get my child’s art pack?
- Pick-Up at VCU ($5) – you can pick up a prepared art pack on campus in Richmond, VA
- Shipping to Address ($10) – we can ship the art pack directly to you for an additional shipping fee
- Supply List for self-purchase – we will provide supply lists for each class with the opportunity for you to purchase materials on your own
How much is tuition?
Discounted 2021 tuition options are as follows:
- Tuition (self-purchase course materials) – $125
- Tuition with Art Pack (local pick-up only) – $130
- Tuition with Art Pack Shipped (shipped directly to address) – $135
A $10.00 discount will be applied to your total bill if you meet any one of the following criteria:
- VCU employee or student (for children or legal dependents of VCU employees or students only)
- Enroll more than one child at Creative Arts Day Camp
- Enroll your child in multiple camp sessions
Is financial aid available?
CADC offers scholarships per week per class (rising K-2, 3-4, 5-6, 7-9). Scholarships are awarded based on need. Submission of a scholarship application does not guarantee a scholarship. More information will be provided soon.
Is the registration fee per student or per family account in case siblings would like to join?
A registration fee will only cover one materials packet. Only students listed on the registration roster will have course access. There is a $10.00 discount for registering multiple students from the same family. That discount can be selected in the online registration system