Why I Chose VCUarts

Categories

VCUarts graduate programs attract exceptional artists, designers and educators who are interested in rigorously deepening their practice and fueling their creative endeavors. We asked a few current students why they chose VCUarts.

Hannah Altman, Photography + Film

The MFA program at VCUarts has been entirely transformative for my practice. It has shaped me to think critically about image-making and helped develop my professional practice both inside and outside of the studio. My time here has been focused, challenging, and rewarding.

Sarah Parker, Craft/Material Studies

I chose VCUarts because I had admired the work of some of the faculty members for many years, looking up to them as examples of successes in my chosen field of study. I figured, what better way to educate myself as an artist, than to work with artists I admire?

Mariah Jones, Graphic Design

I chose VCUarts for their conceptual and research based approach to a graphic design MFA. The curriculum is so challenging and inspiring and I’ve been exposed to so many more ideas and voices than in a traditional, practical graphic design education. Also, VCUarts and Richmond is super affordable!

Eric Millikin, Kinetic Imaging

My decision to go to graduate school was largely based on this ability to have two-year-long conversations with people and radically rethink everything I have done, am doing, how I could take it further, and have more impact.

We hope that you’ll choose VCUarts too. Learn more about us by visiting our website or following us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter. If you’ve already been accepted, check out this graduate checklist for your next steps.