Why I Chose VCUarts

Categories

Making that final college decision can be confusing and difficult. To help you with the decision-making process, we asked a few students why they chose VCUarts.

Drewe Goldstein, junior, Theatre
Reasons: Art Opportunities and Affordability

There are incredible artistic opportunities throughout Richmond, plus a relatively low cost of living. VCUarts is everything an artist and student could ever want.

Halle Williams, senior, Sculpture + Extended Media and Political Science
Reason: The University Experience

I chose VCUarts because I had the option to double major within and outside the art school. It was also the cheapest and closest school I applied to. Basically, the most options for the best price.

Alex Moss, sophomore, Fashion Merchandising
Reason: Interdisciplinary and Travel Opportunities

At VCUarts, I have not only been surrounded by so many influential people, but given opportunities to cross disciplines. I have studied abroad for my Spanish minor, and plan to go abroad again in the future to Fashion Merchandising’s London program.

Ellen Shelly, senior, Interior Design
Reason: Location

Richmond is a wonderful stepping stone city to adjust to college. The flexibility and diversity of the accessible city landscape is really appealing.

Raven Hart, sophomore, Communication Arts
Reason: Access to Professional Artists and Technology

Here at VCUarts, I have access to an abundance of opportunities I never could’ve dreamed of. Every art department is required to bring in at least two professional artists, which is how I got to meet Mike Mignola—the creator of Hellboy. As a student here I have access to the best technology and computer software, such as the Adobe Creative Suite and Autodesk Maya.

Zoe Hall, senior, Communication Arts
Reason: Community

At VCUarts, I feel the most at home. The community here is a perfect combination of laid back and determined to make good things.

We hope that you’ll choose VCUarts, too! Learn more about us by visiting our website or following us on Facebook, Instagram and TwitterIf you’ve already been accepted, check out ugradaccepted.vcu.edu for your next steps.