VCUarts and The Anderson are pleased to announce Space Grants 2023, the Anderson’s annual summer studio residency program! The Space Grants program provides an opportunity for VCUarts students, alumni, full-time and adjunct faculty to receive free studio space at The Anderson. Spaces are available June 15 through August 13, 2023. Open to all departments and areas.
Who is eligible:
- • Current full-time and adjunct VCUarts faculty
- • Current and graduated VCUarts students
How to apply:
Submit an online application via THIS Google Form with the following:
- • Your name, contact information, degree and date of graduation (if applicable), or department and faculty position.
- • A short statement on your work; a brief statement of intent regarding your planned use of the Space Grant; a description of your space and time requirements; and a description of any intended outcomes related to your use of the space (exhibition, graduate school application, grant application, completion of research objective, etc.)
- • Up to 5 jpgs of recent work, and/or links to digital/audio work online. Attachments must be smaller than 5 MB each.
- • Current CV
- • Applications open – 4/19
- • Applications close – 5/2
- • Notification of Acceptance – 5/10
- • Studios Available for Use – 6/15–8/13
Space Grant spaces are offered unfurnished and “as is.” Participants must be prepared to be largely self-sufficient, in a low-supervision residency environment. Studio access is 24/7 for participants with a current, working VCU ID. Participants without a VCU ID will only be able to enter the building during open hours. Once inside, however, they may remain in the building outside open hours. In some cases, a VCU ID can be issued to participants by the VCU card office for a modest administrative fee. At the conclusion of their residency, participants must return their assigned space to the condition in which they received it, no later than the established final day of their residency period. No housing or stipends are offered to participants. Participants are solely responsible for their housing, transportation, and any other costs associated with their use of the space. Please be aware that the Anderson is not equipped with an elevator and may be difficult to access for persons with limited mobility. If you have questions or concerns about building access please contact us directly — Chase Westfall (email@example.com) and Monica Kinsey (firstname.lastname@example.org) — we’ll work with you in any way that we can!
Poster by Bradley Sinanan.