Fall 2022 Cooperating Teacher Appreciation: Richmond City Public Schools

Categories

This week we’re sharing our gratitude for the wonderful cooperating teachers throughout Virginia who welcomed our students into their classrooms for practicum and student teaching during the Fall 2022 semester.

Below are messages of thanks from our students who have worked with these fantastic educators!

Richmond City Public Schools

Armstrong High School – Cristian Koshock

Mr. Koshock is a saint. Everyday he goes to a school that doesn’t truly appreciate the time and patience that he brings to the table. He makes a meaningful difference every day that he shows up. -Richard Garries

Binford Middle School – Kirstie Hein Sadler

This is the wonderful Mrs. Hein Sadler, and she was my middle school practicum cooperating teacher for the fall 2022 semester. Mrs.Hein Sadler and the rest of Binford middle school staff welcomed me warmly into their school and classroom. I am truly grateful to have been able to experience the rich culture and atmosphere that has been facilitated at Binford. Working with Mrs Hein Sadler was a joy, she gave helpful feedback and gave encouraging advice that will stick with me as I go further into my academics and career. I am so appreciative for all I have learned through this experience and thank Mrs. Hein Sadler for supporting me along the way. -Nicka Pretorius

G.H. Reid Elementary School – Meredith Hertel

Ms. Hertel is a passionate, amazing and beloved elementary art teacher at Reid Elementary School. She puts so much care in teaching the students with their needs in mind and nurturing a safe educational space. She helped me grow as a teacher and as a person. I’m so thankful to be able to work with her and I wish her all the best. -Trinh Tran

Huguenot High School – Amanda McMahon

Mx. McMahon is a joy to work with and is always willing to work with VCU preservice teachers. She is a wonderful teacher and a fabulous support for practicum students.

Huguenot High School – Lauren Bleam

Ms. Bleam is a great teacher and is inspiring. She is always happy to work with practicum students and student teachers. She is supportive and takes time to listen and give feedback.

Mary Munford Elementary School – Danielle Houdek

It was an absolute pleasure working with Danielle Houdek this past month. Danielle was inviting & supportive of both my classmates and I, but something that was invaluable was her willingness to step back and let us make mistakes. I had complete responsibility over my lessons, and my abilities to problem solve and improvise were consistently tested. All of this, I believe will benefit me as I enter a teaching career. -Alexis Turner

Danielle Houdek helped me when I was in a challenging position. She did not hesitate to welcome me into her classroom with enthusiasm and care. I am so thankful for what I have learned during my short time at Munford Elementary and I am so appreciative of all that I had learned from her. -Wedge Aboalkhoyour

Patrick Henry School of Science and Arts – Anne Chamblin

Anne Chamblin is such a passionate educator. Her art classroom introduces a lot of experimentation and intergeneration. She builds beautiful relationships with the students and staff. I am so appreciative of what I have learned from her. Her enthusiasm for her students is admirable! -Wedge Aboalkhoyour