Community News from Painting + Printmaking: January 2022

Kat Lyons (BFA ’15) presented a solo exhibition, Early Paradise, at Pilar Corrias in London

Current MFA student Lukaza Branfman-Verissimo participated in College Art Journal Volume 80 – Issue 4 with a piece entitled “roots and webs and nets and branches and bulletin boards and banners and newsletters and mutual-aid text threads”

Luis Vasquez La Roche (MFA ’20) and Damien Ding (MFA ’21) were featured in New American Paintings Issue #153

Larissa Rogers (BFA ’19) was the recipient of the Creative Futures Grant from the Black Artists + Designers Guild. Additionally Rogers served on the Selection Committee for the New City Arts Fellowship, awarded by the New City Arts Initiative in Charlottesville, VA

Paolo Arao (BFA ’99) was featured in a group show: In Spite of Modernism: Contemporary Art, Abstract Legacies, and Identity at the Arlington Arts Center in Arlington, VA

Banquette, a group exhibition featuring alumni Damien Ding (MFA ’21) and Nick Irzyk (MFA ’14), opened at Afternoon Projects in Vancouver

Damien Ding (MFA ’21) showing in a group show, Lunarian, at Denny Dimin Gallery in Hong Kong through March 16

Professor Monsieur Zohore is presenting a solo exhibition, Les Eternals, at Von Ammon Co. in Washington, DC through March 5

Kyrae Dawaun (MFA ’20) and Marisa Stratton (BFA Minor ’21) were featured in New American Paintings Issue #154

Professor Caitlin Cherry reviewed Cajsa von Zeipel: Nine Lives at Company Gallery in New York, NY for Art Papers

Grace Weaver (MFA ’15) was interviewed by Vogue on the subject of her recent solo exhibition, 11 Women, at James Cohan Gallery in Tribeca, NY. Additionally Weaver is currently showing in the group exhibition, The Most Dangerous Game, at SPURS Gallery in Beijing

Loie Hollowell (MFA ’12) is showing in a group exhibition, Artists Inspired by Music: Interscope Reimagined, at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art

Leah Beeferman (MFA ’10) has video work, THE ELEMENTS, on view during the month of February, online, as a part of aCinema space’s February program, “Transpareidolia.” Additionally Beeferman published a new book, “If you show me what you know, can I tell you what I see?,” with Helsinki-based artist Tuukka Kaila through Rooftop Press