Objects & Methods Lecture Series: Panteha Abareshi

Categories
Objects and methods presents Panteha Abareshi. Thursday October 22nd. Moderated by Emily Sara 12:35 PM to 2 PM eastern standard time on Zoom. An image of Panteha contorted and laying on a medical table with additional medical equipment surrounding her. The image has a yellow stroke around it with a smokey grey gradient background. The quote I twist up the body, I crumple it up it is already collapsing is below the image in a san serif font in a brilliant yellow.
Objects and methods presents Panteha Abareshi. Thursday October 22nd. Moderated by Emily Sara 12:35 PM to 2 PM eastern standard time on Zoom. An image of Panteha contorted and laying on a medical table with additional medical equipment surrounding her. The image has a yellow stroke around it with a smokey grey gradient background. The quote I twist up the body, I crumple it up it is already collapsing is below the image in a san serif font in a brilliant yellow.

♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎ ♿︎

Join us for a presentation and conversation with Panteha Abareshi
THURSDAY, OCTOBER 22nd
12:35 PM – 2 PM
curated by Emily Sara

All O+M Lectures are free and open to the public. Please join us!

Panteha Abareshi is a disabled interdisciplinary artist based in LA. Her work is rooted in her existence as a chronically ill body existing with multiple medical illnesses—the origin of which is sickle cell zero beta thalassemia, a genetic blood disorder that causes debilitating pain and bodily deterioration. Through her work, she aims to discuss the complexities of living within a structure that is highly monitored, examined, and made to feel like a specimen. The radicalized abjectification of her own corporeal form allows for a continued scrutiny of her bodily decline, and its connection to a larger context of universal fragility, fear, pain and mortality. (Bio adapted from I am inside the body by Sming Sming Books)

poster design by Julia Dann

(Image Description Objects and methods presents Panteha Abareshi. Thursday October 22nd. Moderated by Emily Sara 12:35 PM to 2 PM eastern standard time on Zoom. An image of Panteha contorted and laying on a medical table with additional medical equipment surrounding her. The image has a yellow stroke around it with a smokey grey gradient background. The quote I twist up the body, I crumple it up it is already collapsing is below the image in a san serif font in a brilliant yellow.)