Summer is almost over and the school year is right around the corner. You’ve gone through 12 years of school to make it to the best one of them all: Senior year.
Sure, you can spend your days wishing class would end. But don’t fall prey to senioritis now! Let’s talk about the things you should be doing.
Before you graduate and head out on your own, here are five things you should do to get ready for college.
- Start narrowing down a short list of schools to visit. If you’re looking at more than three schools, do some soul searching. This will save you money in application fees and will make the process less overwhelming.
- Update your portfolio. Gather up your latest work and make sure your portfolio shows a range of skills and media. Get feedback on your portfolio from a VCUarts Admissions Counselor!
- Make a list of deadlines and hang it on the fridge. There are lots of deadlines, so write them down and put them somewhere you (and your family) can see. Scholarships, applications, portfolio submissions, FAFSA…write them all down!
- Check out schools on Instagram. See what life is like on campus by living vicariously through Instagram. Check out #VCUarts and #VCUartswork to see what VCUarts students are making!
- Enjoy it! The reality is, you’re going to be busy once you get to college. Take time now to enjoy your final year of high school, your friends and your family.
We hope VCUarts makes your short list! Schedule a tour of VCUarts, led by current students who can give you the best insights into what life will be like at Virginia Commonwealth University School of the Arts. We hope to see your application!