2021 – 22 MAINSTAGE SEASON
Huge congrats to our teams for putting on spectacular shows as we came back in-person. The 21-22 mainstage season included:
- MEN ON BOATS by Jaclyn Backhaus
- NIGHTS OF IMPROV with our VCU teams – Running AMok, Toxic Shock, Black Brown n’ Honey, and Wait did they just kiss?
- INTIMATE APPAREL by Lynn Nottage
- MACBETH3 originally by Lisa Wolpe and devised/edited by alum and guest director Mary E. Hodges
- ROALD DAHL’S JAMES AND THE GIANT PEACH, Words and Music by Benj Pasek and Justin Paul, Book by Timothy Allen McDonald
The department welcomed an amazing array of guest artists this Fall! Here’s a few highlights:
- Alum and actor Josh Boone (BFA ’10), most recently in the Broadway production of SKELETON CREW directed by Ruben Santiago-Hudson, visited our Black Performance Techniques class and hosted an open Q+A with students
- SITI Co-Artistic Director Ellen Lauren led a workshop based on Suzuki Method Training and Viewpoints technique
- Former chair David Leong led a fight workshop as preparation for work on the upcoming Broadway production of MACBETH
- Award winning actor Kaleo Griffith hosted a virtual workshop on voice over acting, where students received one-on-one coaching
- Design / Tech students attended a Q+A with the award winning team of THE BAND’S VISIT after attending an invited dress at Altria! The team was in town getting ready for the National tour.
- Kim Fisk, PSM of the HAMILTON tour made a virtual visit to our Business of Theatre class
- and SO many more!
Follow us on social to keep up to date on department happenings and see our senior spotlights for 2022!