Teacher Prep application available here.
All MAE + Licensure students must apply through the Department of Art Education and be accepted for departmental admission to the Art Education Teacher Preparation Program. Applications are due by March 1 (for fall enrollment in ARTE 501) or October 1 (for spring enrollment in ARTE 501). If students do not complete their applications on time with hard copies of passing score reports, they will not be guaranteed enrollment in ARTE 501 the following semester.
Requirements for departmental admission to teacher preparation:
- Submission of completed Teacher Preparation Application by established deadline
- Minimum of 3.0 cumulative GPA
- Passing scores on required VCLA
- Passing Praxis I Math exams or exemption with SAT or ACT scores (www.ets.org)
- No record of a felony conviction
- Completion of the Dispositions Acknowledgement Form (included with departmental Application for Teacher Preparation)