July 5–24, 2020
Your application must be complete by this date to receive priority processing.
We review completed applications on a rolling basis beginning in mid-January. Please apply early as many courses fill by early March.
A non-refundable $300 deposit to hold your place in the Summer Intensive is due. Students are not guaranteed a place in the program until this deposit has been made.
Full tuition, any additional fees (Art Adventure Weekends, Parking, Cary Street Gym), and supplemental forms are due. Enrollment is not guaranteed to any applicant whose tuition and fees are unpaid after this date.
Who may apply?
Students who have completed their freshman, sophomore, junior or senior year in high school, and are serious about improving their art and design skills, developing portfolios, and/or learning how to audition for college admission.
All applicants must meet the minimum age requirements and demonstrate the desire and the motivation to complete this rigorous three-week program. Students will be in class for six hours each weekday, and participate in attend evening activities focused on enhancing their art and design skills.
The ideal student will be focused, dedicated and passionate about participating in this challenging college curriculum.
Students are encouraged to apply early since space in each major is limited. Applications are dated and reviewed on a first-come, first-served basis. If a student is ineligible for the program they will be notified soon after the application is received.
Tuition and Additional Fees:
- Includes a room in the Gladding Residence Center and all meals in the Shafer Court Dining Center
- Art Adventure Weekends: Tuition does not include Art Adventure Weekend courses. Students select their Art Adventure courses in their online application after admission into the program. Please visit Art Adventure Weekends for additional information. $50 per weekend
- Supplies: Most majors have a required supply list. Please visit What To Bring for additional information
- Parking: Students who bring a vehicle will be required to pay for parking in advance.
- Laundry: There is a laundry facility in the Gladding Residence Center.
- Exercise: Students may pay a fee to access Cary Street Gym.
- Note: Additional fees subject to change
Supplemental forms should not be completed or submitted until after receiving notification of admission into the Program. The acceptance letter will include instructions about the supplemental forms and additional information to submit in the online application.