What Should I Bring?
- Comfortable walking shoes: we will be doing a good deal of walking around campus to and from meals, classes, etc.
- Linen set for an extra long twin bed: 36 x 80 inches. A regular size twin flat sheet can be used for the mattress if you do not have an extra long set
- Pillow and pillow case
- Blanket and/or bedspread
- Umbrella and/or raincoat
- Towel set
- Shower shoes
- Alarm clock
- Bedside lamp (halogen lamps are not allowed)
- Hangers for your clothes
- Portable speaker
- Portable fan (although all rooms are air conditioned)
- Personal medications: please see MAT Medication Consent Form
- Laundry detergent
- Hand laundry soap
- Change for vending machines
- Mobile phone
- Band-Aids: students will be doing a good deal of walking around the campus
- Board games
- Swim suit to use on local field trips
- Small amount of cash in case you want to stop by the coffee shop, VCU Bookstore, buy snacks, order a pizza, buy souvenirs, etc.
COURSE-SPECIFIC ITEMS TO BRING
- 2D / 3D Portfolio Development
- 2D Portfolio Development: Groups A & B
- 2D Portfolio Development: Group C
- Comics, Graphic Novels & Sequential Storytelling
- Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Photography
- Fashion Design & Merchandising
- Graphic Design
- Interior Design
- Art Adventure Weekend Courses
VCU will not be responsible for any lost or damaged items, therefore recommends that no valuable items such as jewelry not be brought to campus.
Students are encouraged to bring a debit/credit card to cover personal expenses while attending to program. A small amount of cash might be needed for personal expenses each weekend.
- Firearms and weapons of any kind, including “look alike” weapons
- Alcohol, tobacco, and illegal drugs
- Open flames such as candles or incense
- Animals (unless designated as a service animal)
- Hot plates for cooking
- Window fans
A violation of any of the rules listed on this site, including the Supplemental Forms, may result in dismissal from the program without a refund.