We plan full and active days to ensure students gain maximum value from their Summer Intensive experience. This is an unparalleled opportunity for students to experience college courses first hand. On each weekday all students except those enrolled in the Theatre program will be engaged in the following:
- 8A Students meet in the lobby
- 8:15–9A Breakfast
- 9:15A–12:15P Morning Learning Modules
- 12:15–1:15P Lunch
- 1:15–4:15P Afternoon Learning Modules
- 6:00–6:45P Dinner
- 7:00–9:00P Evening Modules/Studio Time
- 9:00P–12:00A Social Activities
- 12:00A Room Check/Lights Out
Weekday Theatre schedule:
- 9:00A–noon Acting for the Camera
- noon–1:00P Lunch
- 1:00–3:15P Musical Theatre
- 3:30–5:15P Stage Combat
- 7:00– 9:00P Makeup Design
These schedules are for illustrative purposes only. Schedule adjustments may be made for program specific activities. The university reserves the right to change course content, schedules, or to make other changes deemed necessary or desirable.
Participants have the opportunity to go home or participate in the Art Adventure Weekends program on Saturday and Sunday. Students sign up for Art Adventure courses in the online application. The fee for the Art Adventure Weekends courses is $50 per weekend. Each class consists of eight hours of instruction. Classes run from 12:15–4:15P.
Evening modules are interdisciplinary learning modules intended to spark creative problem-solving and introduce students to new fields and approaches in art. Modules include events such as:
- Unstructured studio time for participants to prepare for final “Show Your Stuff” exhibition or show.
- How-to sessions on the college application process, financial aid and scholarship opportunities. A dance party, movie screenings, trips to local museums, boutiques, restaurants, etc.
All students are expected to attend all program events unless the Program Director has written permission from the student’s parents or guardians.