VCUarts Summer Intensive 2013 Weekday Schedule
- 8 am Students meet in the lobby
- 8:15- 9 am Breakfast
- 9:15 – 12:15 Morning Learning Modules
- 12:15 – 1:15 pm Lunch
- 1:15 – 4:15 pm Afternoon Learning Modules
- 6:00 – 6:45 pm Dinner
- 7:00 – 9:00 Evening Modules/Studio Time
- 9:00 – 12:00 Social Activities
- 12:00 Room Check/Lights Out
Note: This schedule applies to all majors except Theatre. The weekday Theatre schedule is:
- “Acting for the Camera” 9 am – noon
- Lunch 12:00 – 1 pm
- “Musical Theatre” 1 – 3:15 pm
- “Stage Combat” 3:30 – 5:15 pm
- “Make Up Design” 7 – 9 pm July 18, 19, 23, 24
These schedules are for illustrative purposes only. Schedule adjustments may be made for program specific activities. The university reserves the right to change course content, schedules, or to make other changes deemed necessary or desirable.
Participants have the opportunity to go home or take part in the Weekend Art Adventure courses on Saturday and Sunday to learn more about art. Art Adventure Weekend sign ups begin after students are accepted into the program. The fee for the Art Adventure Weekends classes is $50 per weekend. Each class consists of eight hours of instruction. Classes run from 12:15 – 4:15 pm.
Evening Modules are interdisciplinary learning modules intended to spark creative problem-solving and introduce students to new fields and approaches in art. Modules include events such as:
- An exclusive gala reception at the VCU Anderson Gallery. Participants will learn about gallery work from the Anderson Gallery staff, as well as about museum careers.
- Unstructured studio time for participants to prepare for final “Show Your Stuff” exhibition or show.
- How-to sessions on the college application process, financial aid and scholarship opportunities.
All students are expected to attend all programs events unless the Program Director has written permission from the students’ parents or guardians.