WHAT SHOULD I BRING?
- Comfortable walking shoes. We will be doing a good deal of walking around campus to and from meals, classes, etc.
- Linens for a regular sized single bed (75” long) single bed
- A pillow and pillow case
- Blanket and/or bedspread
- Umbrella and/or raincoat
- Towels and a wash cloth
- Shower shoes
- Alarm clock
- Bedside lamp (halogen lamps are not allowed)
- Hangers for your clothes
- iPod, Radio/CD player
- Floor fans (although all rooms are air conditioned)
- Personal medications
- Laundry detergent and change for the machines
- Hand laundry soap in case you would like to wash something and hang it to dry while you are in class
- Change for vending machines
- Cell phone or a phone card
- Band-Aids in case you get a blister. Students will be doing a good deal of walking around the campus.
- A deck of playing cards, games and movies you enjoy
- A bathing suit to use on your Art Adventure Weekend field trip(s)
- A small amount of cash in case you want to stop by the coffee shop, VCU Bookstore, buy snacks, order a pizza, buy souvenirs, etc.
COURSE-SPECIFIC ITEMS TO BRING:
Course supply lists will be posted here on May 1.
- 2D / 3D
- 2D Drawing and Painting: Groups A & B
- 2D Drawing and Painting: Group C
- Digital Filmmaking
- Digital Photography
- Fashion Design and Merchandising
- Mixed Media Exploration
- Art Adventure Weekends
Special Note: Students enrolled in the 2D Portfolio Development & 2D/3D Portfolio Development classes need to bring a container to transport their supplies to and from class. There is no storage space in the classroom.
Valuables: VCU will not assume responsibility for any lost or damaged items, therefore recommends that no valuable items such as jewelry not be brought to campus. Students are encouraged to bring travelers’ checks to cover personal expenses while attending to program. A small amount of money might be needed for personal expenses and snacks while on the field trips each weekend.
Prohibited items include:
- Firearms, weapons of any kind and “look alike” weapons
- Open flames such as candles or incense
- Hot plates for cooking in your room
- Window fans
- Alcohol or illegal drugs: We have a zero tolerance policy regarding the use of illicit substances, and students who violate this rule will be immediately dismissed from the program.
A breach in any of the rules listed on this site may result in student expulsion without a refund.