Republican Party of Virginia – Call for Mural Proposals
Published on July 19, 2017
Calling all muralists for work in exchange for food and a possible stipend. All you need is below, please reach out to John Vick (firstname.lastname@example.org) directly with questions
○ Republican Party of Virginia Headquarters
○ 115 E. Grace St., Richmond, VA 23219
Size of Project:
○ See photo of building space.
○ We are open-minded and want a concept that the artist will enjoy and make their own. We are not looking for a partisan political display. However, as our party mascot is the elephant, we feel that something elephant-related would be appropriate, attractive, and complement the artistic vibe of downtown Richmond. I have attached some conceptual pictures that we all like, but like I said, we’re open-minded. We want you to create something that you’re proud to put your name on.
○ Note: We plan to have the tree in the picture relocated, to provide an unobstructed view of the mural.
○ Open – although ideally we would like to have this done before October.
○ We can pay for supplies and unlimited pizza, drinks, etc., for the artist and their friends. I’m trying to secure a small stipend/bonus for completion (~$200), but the major reason for doing this will be having your work on a building in downtown Richmond! If you have other requirements, let me know and I shall try to facilitate.
Access to a lift:
○ Yes – we can secure a scissor-lift.
Application process and contact info:
○ Please email John Vick (email@example.com) with samples of work, a link to your website if applicable, timeline of availability and any special requirements. If you have any other questions, feel free to call me at 202-725-1506.