The Valentine Is Now Accepting Applications For Fall Interns: 8/1/16 Deadline
Published on June 9, 2016
The Valentine is now accepting applications for students interested in interning in one of the following departments.
- Costumes & Textiles
- Finance and HR (Accounting)
- Public Relations
- Public Programs and Education
How to apply
1. Review Internship Job Descriptions (posted above) and determine which departments you’d like to work with.
2. Fill out the online application and upload an unofficial transcript, cover letter and resume. Submit by August 1st, 2016.
3. Have one letter of recommendation emailed to email@example.com.
4. Note that the deadline is August 1st, but applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis.
Curious about what to expect out of your internship at the Valentine? Check out some feedback we’ve received from past interns!
Interns work during the business week, Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9:00 am and 4:30 pm. Schedules are arranged between the intern and their supervisor.
Benefits include: 10% discounts in the Museum Store and Sally Bell’s Kitchen and free admission to the Valentine Galleries during the internship period.
Summer Intern parking is fully covered by the Valentine at the MCV Hospital and Museum visitor deck. The Valentine’s small lot is slots reserved for visitors, members and appointments.
Any questions about internships at the Valentine can be directed to Marisa Day, Student Programs and Tours Manager, 804.649.0711 ext 317 or firstname.lastname@example.org.