- We will work to build positive conversations about VCUarts.
- We strive to enhance VCUarts by sharing our stories.
- We are respectful and mindful of our audience.
- We are current, accurate and mindful of the VCUarts brand.
- We are consistent across various platforms and channels, with regards to voice, tone, visual standards and best practices.
When creating content, you should always keep your primary and secondary audience in mind.
For the main VCUarts channels (and likely for your channels, too), the audience is:
1) Prospective students and families
2) The VCUarts community (current students, faculty, staff and alumni)
5) The greater Richmond community
Why should we use social media?
We use our social media channels to promote ourselves and to show and tell the VCUarts story. We post an opportunity or an upcoming event our viewers may be interested in and we want to share the stories of our community with prospective student who want to learn more about the types of people and work coming out of VCUarts.
But what about everyone else?
We can’t address every potential audience’s need through social media. Establish your target audience and gear content for those people.