Check out the recent Photography & Film faculty, student and alumni achievements available at-a-glace on the BFA webpage.
- U.S. News & World Report ranked VCU School of the Arts 4th among public programs for photography and film.
- Since 2010, VCU Photo & Film faculty, alumni and students have been awarded VFMA Fellowships: 15 Undergraduate awards, 1 Graduate award, and 4 Professional awards, totalling $98,000.
- Since 2011 Professor Sonali Gulati’s film, “I Am,” has been screened over 77 times and received 13 film festival awards. Gulati also won the prestigious Creative Capital Grant for $50,000
- Since 2011, former Guggenheim Fellow and Professor Brian Ulrich opened a major exhibit at Julie Saul Gallery, NYC and the at the Cleveland Museum of Fine Art. Ulrich also published a book, “Is This Place Great or What,” as well as having his work featured in many international publications like Artforum and Time.
- Adjuncts, students and alumni have started galleries; shown their work internationally; been featured in Wired Magazine, Newsweek, and Time Magazine; and shown in local exhibitions.
For regular updates on department achievements, visit our “News” section.