Undergraduate Research Grants
Get $$ to support your ideas. Each year VCUarts gives talented students like you the opportunity to shine by offering grants to fund a creative project. Submit your application online by Monday, November 25th – this is an extended deadline.
Visit http://arts.vcu.edu/research/deans-grants/undergraduate-research-grants/ for more information on requirements and past awards.
To submit an application online, go to:
Click here for more information on requirements and past awards. For more information on VCUarts Undergraduate Research Grants, please contact Dean Nancy Scott at email@example.com and David Holland at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Dean’s International Study Grant
Created in 2006 the Dean’s International Study Grant program was started by the VCUarts Dean’s Office to fund students’ international exploration. That first year, six $1000 grants were awarded to students. Today, up to ten $2,500 grants are awarded each year as the Dean’s Office continues to strive to support international travel and enforce the importance of a global perspective on creative and scholarly endeavors.
The mission of the Grant is to help fund international travel that is not in conjunction with any credit bearing coursework or faculty led programs affiliated with the University. Although proposals for support of non-VCU faculty led programs with content not offered at VCU will be considered, they are strongly not encouraged. Proposals for independent travel during breaks, weekends, or vacations from credit bearing international programs will not be considered. The Dean’s Office seeks proposals for independent travel that inform a student’s academic or creative research and will provide an experience in relation to their creative or intellectual trajectory.
Applicants to the Dean’s International Study Grant must fulfill all of the following requirements:
1. A declared VCUarts major enrolled full-time and considered a continuing student at the time of travel and travel reimbursement.
2. A current sophomore or junior in terms of credit hours earned (not including current in progress courses) at the time of application as described in the Bulletin here.
3. Have a cumulative VCU GPA of 3.0 and 3.50 in your major.
4. Travel between the dates of 5/10/14 and 8/20/15
5. Travel independently for academic and/or creative research outside of faculty led, credit bearing programs.
Keep in mind you can not save a partially completed application. It must all be completed at once.
If you have questions, please contact Jody Symula at email@example.com.