Auditions are closed for entry in to Fall 2015. Our future audition dates will be announced later this spring.
- November 7, 2014 – Change of Major Audition
- January 24, 2015 - Audition (we are no longer receiving requests for this date)
- February 14, 2015 - Audition (we are no longer receiving requests for this date)
- February 16, 2015 - Audition (we are no longer receiving requests for this date)
- February 21, 2015 – Audition: Voice and Jazz applicants ONLY (we are no longer receiving requests for this date)
Dress: You’ll want to present your best self on your audition day, so dress accordingly — semiformal or business attire is generally appropriate. Be sure that you can comfortably play your instrument in whatever you choose to wear.
What to bring: In general, auditionees only need to bring their instrument and music to the audition. There are special exceptions and additions for certain instruments, so be sure to read the audition requirements for your particular instrument. Please peruse the audition requirements section for the specific requirements for your instrument.
The audition day
Each audition day begins with check-in, where you’ll receive your audition time and schedule. Once you’re checked in, you will head into the concert hall to take the theory placement test. After you’ve completed your exam, you are welcome to enjoy some light refreshments and meet members of our faculty in the lobby. Then, you and your parents will convene in the concert hall for a greeting and introduction to the department.