Information for Current Non-Music Majors
Auditions for all VCU string ensembles are open to all students, including music majors, music minors and non-majors. For non-majors who are interested in participating in the following for the fall semester, auditions are required:
- Private lessons (1/2 hour weekly lessons, $307 fee per semester); 1 credit
- Minor in music, strings
- Chamber Music (quartets, trios, etc.); 1 credit
- Orchestra and/or Opera Orchestra; 1 credit each
String auditions for Fall 2016 will be held on Sunday, Aug. 28, 2-8 p.m. Auditioning string students should sign up for a time on the orchestra bulletin board in the Singleton Center, near the Music office (a sign-up sheet will be posted during the first week of classes).
Students who have class conflicts should contact Daniel Myssyk, firstname.lastname@example.org, to make alternative arrangements.
For private lessons, minor status, and chamber music, students should prepare the following:
- Five minutes of a solo piece or part thereof.
- One three-octave scale of your choosing (two octaves for bass)
To audition for VCU Symphony, review the audition requirements here.