While students are here, they have the support of 3,000 students and faculty who will be there for you through thick and thin; tough critiques to artistic breakthroughs. But once you leave, you’ll be joining a network of 25,000 alumni who are there for inspiration, support and guidance.
After graduating from VCUarts, you can do anything. Here is just a small sample of what our alumni are doing after their time at VCUarts.
• Jimi Herd, Art Education, B.F.A. ‘06, M.F.A. ’16, art teacher, Swift Creek Elementary
• Kaelne Koorn, Art History, B.A. ’15, Fulbright Scholar
• Laina Kaffenberger, Cinema, B.A. ’10, Art Director, Buzzfeed
• Nash Dunnigan, Communication Arts, B.F.A. ‘91, art director, “The Peanuts Movie” and “Ice Age: Continental Drift”
• Matthew Phillips Williams, Craft/Material Studies, B.F.A. ‘07, furniture designer
• Donna Vaughn, Dance + Choreography, B.F.A. ’09, Broadway performer and dancer
• Jayanta Jenkins, Fashion, Creative Director, Twitter
• Karla Mickens, Graphic Design, B.F.A. ‘09, Product Designer, Facebook
• Brittney Weiss, Interior Design, B.F.A. ’13, Design Manager, Hilton Worldwide
• Corey Gunewald, Kinetic Imaging, Senior User Interface Engineer, Netflix
• Victor Goines, Music, M.M. 90, Jazz at Lincoln Center Orchestra
• Lauren Pleveich, Painting + Printmaking, UX Strategist, IBM Interactive Experience
• Allison Bills, Photography + Film, B.F.A. ’16, digital imaging specialist, NASA
• Stephen Miguel Decker, Sculpture + Extended Media, B.F.A. ’09, artist and media producer
• Frank Alfano Jr., B.F.A. ’08, Theatre, stunt performer “Daredevil,” “Gotham” and “Orange is the New Black”
If you’re interested in learning more about VCUarts, schedule a time to visit campus and get a tour with one of our awesome student tour guides. If you’re an alumnus/a and would like to let us know what you’re doing, head over to our Where Are You Now page and tell us all about it.
Image: Allison Bills at NASA’s Johnson Space Center in Houston, Texas. Provided by Bills.