VCUarts Department of Craft and Material Studies is seeking one qualified applicant for its Fountainhead Fellowship. The fellowship provides an opportunity for the strongest recent national MFA graduates to continue their studio practice in Richmond, Virginia. The recipients will gain valuable teaching experience and participate in a vital, progressive community of artists at Virginia Commonwealth University. The Fountainhead Fellowship is a project of the Department of Craft and Material Studies, in cooperation with Fountainhead Development and the Windgate Foundation. The fellowship runs in August 1st -May 31st.
2017 DEADLINE: February 15th, 2017
Artists working predominantly in one or more of the following media areas: fiber, metal or wood, in new and innovative ways. Artists possessing a strong foundation and understanding of their chosen material. All MFA students who have graduated within the last 5 years in the US are invited to apply (VCU MFA graduates are not eligible to apply).
- Teach two classes per semester in the Department of Craft and Materials Studies. This requires 2-4 days per week each semester.
- Present a public lecture.
- As part of university policy, a background check will be performed prior to teaching.
APPLICANTS MUST INCLUDE
- Letter of Intent (PDF) – with file Titled “your last name_first name–Intent_Letter”
- Descriptions of a sample course (PDF) – with file Titled “your last name_first name–Sample-Course”
- List of Skills in your media (PDF) – with file Titled “your last name_first name–Media”
- Portfolio – 20 images and documentation script (all within a single PDF file no larger than 2MB) with file Titled “your last name_first name–Portfolio”
- Contact information for two references (PDF) – with file Titled “your last name_first name–References” Including name, email and phone numbers
- Artist Statement (PDF) – with file Titled “your last name_first name–Artist_Statement”
- Resume (PDF) – with file Titled “your last name_first name–Resume” Include address, phone, e-mail and website link if available
- Unofficial graduate school transcript– with file Titled “your last name_first name–Transcripts”(a final official transcript denoting completion of the MFA will be required before fellowship can began)
- $25 Application Fee – (Please make payable to VCU Craft/Material Studies)
SEND APPLICATION PDF FILES TO: email@example.com
Subject line: Fountainhead Fellowship App
SEND APPLICATION FEE TO
Department of Craft and Material Studies
Virginia Commonwealth University
1000 West Broad Street, rm 239
PO Box 842522
Richmond, Virginia 23284-2522
For questions email Debbie Quick: firstname.lastname@example.org