Advice From Current Students
Top 11 Things We Wish We Had Known in High School:
11. Visit campuses before making a decision on where to go to school. Look at student work, talk to people and explore the city.
10. If you really love art, make it your lifestyle.
9. Draw every day and keep a sketchbook.
8. Be prepared for culture shock – diverse, urban, real world environment.
7. If you are trying something new and taking chances, you will learn more here in 3 months than you’ve learned in a lifetime of exploration.
6. Don’t be afraid to make mistakes in your work. You will learn from them.
5. Forget what you think you know about art, and really listen and explore.
4. Never throw anything away (work or supplies).
3. Be prepared to work hard when you come here, but be able to have fun at the same time.
2. Apply to the honors program, and all scholarships applicable. Consider housing, area, and what kind of student life/campus you are looking for.
1. Don’t panic. Relax. Everything will go fine.