The GOlab is an on-campus service bureau dedicated to educating and empowering our students, faculty, and staff in their print production journeys.
The GOlab is a staff and student-operated lab that provides print production services and educational opportunities to all faculty, staff, and students of VCU. Located in the Pollak Building on VCU’s campus, we provide exemplary, accessible services with specializations in large-format printing and book finishing. In the effort to encourage participation and learning, we also provide instruction on production techniques through demos, self-service machines, and workshops.
The GOlab focuses on the following goals in pursuit of its mission:
- Promote, foster, and improve knowledge of print production by engaging students in the print production process in an accessible environment
- Increase awareness of responsible, environmentally-friendly practices during print production
- Compliment and expand faculty’s curriculum with educational resources and programs
- Empower our students to graduate comfortable in being hands-on with production in an increasingly DIY, collaborative culture
The GOlab operates through two rooms.
The Open Lab (the ‘O’ in GO) is open 24/7 for those who have access to the Pollak Building. In addition to being a Mac computer lab, the Open Lab also has:
- self-operated laser printers
- a mounting press
- a guillotine
- wire binding
- saddle-stitch stapler
The Graphics Lab (the ‘G’ in GO) is open during our specified hours and offers:
- large-format printing
- a risograph
- perfect binding
- vinyl cutting
- fabric printing
The Pollak Building
325 N. Harrison Street, Rm. 219
Richmond, VA 23284-2519
Monday – Wednesday
9:00 AM – 9:00 PM
9:00 AM – 5:30 PM
Friday – Sunday
12:30 PM – 4:30 PM
Final Exams and Reading Days
Reading Day May 2nd
Final Exams May 3rd – 11th
The GOlab will operate on a normal schedule.