The VCU School of the Arts hosts an array of specialized Art and Design studios, shops, and labs distributed throughout the Monroe Park Campus.
Art Foundation in Bowe Street Deck, 609 Bowe St. Art Foundation students have exclusive access to 609 Bowe Street, a 30,000 square foot active working environment that houses studios, computer labs, academic advisors, a woodshop, media room, and a hallway that doubles as a constantly changing exhibition space.
Fine Arts Building, 1000 W. Broad St. The FAB, as it’s known, houses VCU’s departments of Craft/Material Studies, Kinetic Imaging, Painting and Printmaking, and Sculpture + Extended Media.
Pollak Building, 325 N. Harrison St. The Pollak Building is home to the VCUarts administrative offices, including the dean. Pollak also houses classrooms, an awesome green roof, laboratories and faculty offices for the departments of Fashion Design and Merchandising, Graphic Design, Cinema, Interior Design and Photography and Film.
Dance and Choreography Building, 1315 Floyd Ave. 1315 Floyd Ave. contains instructional space and the administrative offices of the Department of Dance and Choreography.
The Depot, 814 W. Broad St. The Depot, which opens fall 2014, will house a student gallery, a commercial space, Kinetic Imaging studio classrooms, a dance studio, and ample space for interdisciplinary projects.
W.E. Singleton Center for the Performing Arts, 922 Park Ave. The W.E. Singleton Center houses the administrative offices of the music and theatre departments. It features a concert hall and modern theater, rehearsal rooms, seminar room, dance and movement studios and a large theater workshop.
Franklin Terrace, 812-814 W. Franklin St. The building boasts the Department of Kinetic Imaging’s computer labs for video, animation, sound and 3D work, and a green screen room. The Department of Art Education and the Department of Communication Arts are also housed in the building. Additionally, Art Foundation Program classes are offered at VCU’s historic Franklin Terrace building.
James W. Black Music Center, 1015 Grove Ave. The James W. Black Music Center is home to VCU’s Department of Music and the Community School of Performing Arts, which offers noncredit instruction to students of all ages and levels. Lessons are available in piano, organ, voice, guitar, band and orchestral instruments as well as theory.
Shafer Street Playhouse, 221 N. Shafer St. The Shafer Street Playhouse includes a design studio and three large rehearsal and performance spaces used by the Department of Theatre in addition to a 150-seat theater.